Friday, April 30, 2010

(Yearly?) Fanboy Update #5: Suburb on the Edge of Forever

Yeah, I know I've totally lagged in updating this blog, but I have a good excuse. Since before your sun burned bright in your sky, or at least for the last year, I've been cranking away building that Guardian of Forever of mine in the back yard. I had some serious kinks to work out. For one thing it was loud! But now, aside from a humming noise and the occasional vague pronouncement, it's pretty quiet. Anything to keep the Homeowner Association off my back, right? Plus it had to control time.

Anyway, I'm all done! I'm pretty proud of it too:





Funny story actually. I wanted to get this picture of my son in front of it, but I couldn't find him. Then the Guardian gets all misty and he comes jumping through. Whatever. But then I notice these Messerschmitts flying overhead. I'm thinking "those air show people could be a little more culturally sensitive" but the planes kept coming!


Long story short: somehow my son had gone back in time and prevented Joan Collins from being born which in turn caused the Germans to win World War Two. Who knew? Also, it meant "Dynasty" never got made.


Anyway, it took some doing, but everything should be back to normal now with the timeline. Still though, I should probably put a gate around it or something just to be safe.

1 comment:

Juan said...

Get your paws off of me you damn mangy mutts!